Monday, November 14, 2011

Wierdest Halloween EVER

It's November 14th, Halloween was Snowed on, Blown over, Crushed,  Rescheduled, and Had an extra week of Chaos. I'm so sore and tired that I think I'm actually happy that it's Over....... (For now).

I still don't have all of the props down but I'm REALLY Close.  I think I can have everything down AND more or less Put away in One more full day. This year is the year of organization. I CAN NOT expand unless I discover new and better ways of storing things, as well as comming to the realization that if I can move part of my haunt into the back yard I'll actually save a TON Of setup time.  So I'm going to focus on organizing things a little bit beter as I Put things away.

As far as my observations this year, It's gradually come to mind that I have to spread everything out a little bit. Big scares and Cool Props were all devalued by trying to cram them in in small spaces while on the steep slope of my driveway.  What I've discovered over the years is that the steepness of my property keeps people Moving, which is good and bad.  People would BLOW by some cool static props only to notive them at the lkat minute as the big scare prop was launching right in front of them. They ended up missing  the full effect of both scenes more times than not in this particular instance. 

So in 2012, Come Hell or High water, I AM COMMITTED to Move part of my haunt into the back yard. At least there are  3 different  mostly level areas where I can have a "Normal" Graveyard, a Maze, and or normal Scares with some space in between for suspense. The Problem??? I NEED HELP!!! I can't have a haunt go around my  house without having at least 3-4 living people (preferabley 4-5) to monitor and guide TOT's and other patrons around.  Also, Moving the Haunt mostly to my back yard will really aid in the "Blocking the driveway" problem which has totally Plagued me over the last several years.  make no mistake that I will still have a substantial front display, But I won't rely so heavily on Driveway Blocking Props. Another benifit is that my back yard is CLOSE to my storage area.  SWEET.   I also have a LAGE Carport I can incorporate into a covered set of scenes limited only by the amount of live actors I can get involved.

So this is the Official SHOUT OUT for HELP. 

We'll be resuming our MnT schedule once everything is better organized.  I'm Looking forward starting the build season again and trying to build up the membership in our small, but dedicated group.

I didn't get any decent videos of  Halloween evening this year, but I did get a nice video on the day before halloween.  I'll post it as soon as I can get it Uploaded to Youtube.

THis has to be the wierdest halloween ever. Which was also compounded by the fact that I was working one state over (PA) on one of the most challenging jobs I've ever taken on as a Landscaper. The entire month of October just feels like a blur in my memory. Hopefully next year won't be so Hectic.

So Here's to a Good start to the new "Haunting" year.

No comments:

Post a Comment